Tims World O' Stuff

Because he's sick of having to email people & because they're sick of being emailed, Tim is starting a blog. This blog will contain anything that would have normally been forwarded onto people. So there should be a marked decline in emails going out, and an increase in posts here.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Talking the Talk, the Google way



Google Talk beta has been launched recently, and I'm giving it a beta thumbs up. That is to say that the initial beta version is pretty good, but I would like to see just a few more tweaks before it's released in its final version.
What I like:
  1. simple look and feel,
  2. easy to hold multiple conversations without them all cluttering up your desktop
  3. voice quality is fine
What I'd like in the final release: The ability to hold group conversations. Currently it's just one-on-one only.
Summary: I would use Google Talk over MSN Messenger and Skype for just chatting to people. If you wish to call people's actual phones, then Skype would still be handy, but that's all. And since I don't currently use Skype for this, then it's Google Talk for me :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home